BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
PeopleSoft Senior Specialist Developer (FSCM)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; New York, New York
- Provide technical and functional expertise and support for the PeopleSoft FSCM applications in an Oracle 12c environment
- Provide technical and functional expertise and support for the PeopleSoft FSCM applications in an Oracle environment
- Develop and maintain PeopleSoft applications, including performance tuning, troubleshooting, ongoing maintenance, and the resolution of system issues
- Develop strong relationships with end users to effectively troubleshoot problems and recommend good solutions
- Work with end users to define scope of business needs and translate processes into detailed functional requirements or design specifications
- Design, code, and unit test complex projects
- Develop and maintain integration between PeopleSoft FSCM and external applications
- Identify developmental or design risks and action plans
- Assist with system upgrades and prepare data mapping for conversion requirements
- Acquire new skills and knowledge to stay at the forefront of information systems tools for PeopleSoft and software quality assurance
- Additional duties as assigned
Sr. Specialist Developer->> Consults with internal business groups to provide appropriate application software development services or technical support. Analyzes, defines and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs using BNY Mellon's standard development methodology. Works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications. Analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group. Contributes to defining time tables and project plans. Analyzes and estimates feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs. Takes lead for establishing, implementing and monitoring 'best practices' for technical development methodologies and tools. Proposes innovative, creative technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business, Finance, or similar field strongly preferred
- Expert technical/functional knowledge in at least 2 of the following modules: General Ledger, Payables, Expenses, Asset Management, eProcurement, Purchasing, Supplier Contracts, eSettlements, Supplier Performance Management, Strategic Sourcing
- Experience in Financial industry with Multi-currency preferred but not required.
- 5+ years of experience working with PeopleSoft FSCM data and data models
- 5+ years of PeopleTools experience
- 1+ year experience Web Services using Integration Broker preferred but not required.
- 1+ PeopleSoft Workflow and experience with the new 9.1 framework preferred but not required.
- Preferred REST API experience
- Preferred some knowledge of Java
- Demonstrated experience with SQL performance tuning and optimization
- Ability to demonstrate strong troubleshooting skills and lead high-visibility efforts
- Ability to demonstrate advanced knowledge of algorithms, programming structures, and numerical analysis
- Experience leading a team in a development environment
- Strong knowledge of and adherence to SDLC process and implementing best practices.
- Ability to address unusual system related issues and proactively resolve inquiries
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with end users
- Strong conceptual and problem solving skills, with the ability to develop initiatives, as well as recommend solutions to improve efficiency
- Demonstrate solid leadership qualities and take ownership of all development related issues
- Self-starter with excellent time management skills, and the ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently with ease, while maintaining a strong focus on detail
- Demonstrated ability to respond quickly to shifting priorities
- Capacity to work well independently, as well as in a team, with the ability to collaborate with other team members and foster a team environment
- Strategic thinker with the ability to find new ways to complete tasks
- Demonstrated ability to drive tasks from identification to resolution
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 45172
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Investment Services Technology-HR13644
Requisition Number: 1613505