BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Director - Sr. Principal Architect – Full Stack Application Development - Java
· Leads the research and design of technical infrastructure for applications.
· Leads research, development, and implementation of enterprise-wide architectural concepts, principles and tools.
· Assesses business viability of new technologies.
· Consults with other senior level IT managers to assess and evaluate current strategies.
· Makes recommendations, gains approval and develops implementation strategy for new technologies.
· Acts as advocate for change to provide innovative, creative technology solutions.
· Prepares and delivers presentations to top-level management on new technology and its impact on the organization.
· Provides guidance to other architects throughout the enterprise.
· Stays abreast of the latest technology infrastructure and processes in the industry and marketplace.
· Makes recommendations to use innovative, creative approaches as appropriate to meet client needs contributes to the achievement of multiple teams' objectives
- Advanced degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required.
- 12+ years of experience in systems architecture, analysis and applications program development required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
- Experience with the following are preferred but not required: Liferay, Angular JS, Ionic 2, Electron, Bootstrap, JIRA, Maven, Git, SonarQube, Junit,Microservices, SASS/LESS
- Experience transforming and re-tooling development teams
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Pershing provides critical business process, financial and technology solutions for financial organizations around the globe. We operate behind the scenes to power transformational change for broker-dealers, registered investment advisors, independent financial advisers, hedge fund and '40 Act fund managers and individual investors. We strive to be innovators, developing open architecture technology and financial solutions to support our customers' growth. We advocate on behalf of our customers and help them respond to regulatory reform and drive positive outcomes for our industry and investors. From our core business as an industry-leading trade execution, clearing and custody provider, we have evolved into a global multifaceted firm that provides investment solutions, forward-thinking technology-driven efficiencies, practice management and service excellence.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Jersey City
Internal Jobcode: 45023
Job: Information Technology
Requisition Number: 1702337