BNY Mellon Careers
IT Disaster Recovery Analyst
Overview Of BNY Mellon:
BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 35 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team.
We are looking for a disaster recovery analyst to join the TSG Enterprise Disaster Recovery Services team, reporting to the TSG Operations and Production Support, Operational Risk and Planning Manager. The role will be responsible for liaising with technology and support teams in EMEA and the US to develop disaster recovery playbooks to manage large scale business recovery tests.
• Develops, implements, and maintains complex processes to ensure continual operations in the event of disaster or interruption of information processing services.
• Consults with individuals throughout the organization on the recovery process.
• Evaluates the business recovery plans for recovery weaknesses and recommends necessary modifications to ensure regulatory compliance and the ability to recover vital business infrastructure and applications.
• Contributes to the definition of standards, processes and procedures for use in the recovery from a disaster or an extended interruption of information processing services.
• Keeps abreast of industry-related disaster recovery processes and evaluating the effectiveness of implementing changes to existing practices.
• Assists infrastructure teams with developing disaster recovery playbooks to guide the teams through the recovery process
• Focuses on continuous improvement of the disaster recovery program
• Prepare and deliver both informational and decision-seeking presentations
• Work as part of a flexible and resourceful team, providing exceptional levels of support to Management and Stakeholders.
• Support Ad-hoc Requests for support from different areas in the Technology
• Document process and cross train within team to ensure resiliency
• Proficiency in data manipulation
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including collaboration and analytical
• Extensive experience with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint needed for metric report development and tracking.
• ITIL Training for Incident, Problem and Change Management
• Infrastructure support/management experience in a Mainframe, Distributed Systems, Network and Storage.
• Business continuity and disaster recovery planning and testing
• Planning, maintaining, and supporting contingency systems and back-up data centers
• Bachelor's degree in a related discipline or equivalent work experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
• Strong understanding of Information Technology
• Awareness of Technology SLA’s and OLA’s
• Awareness of Technology Governance, Risk, and Compliance
• Certified Business Resilience IT Professional training
What we can offer you:
• Challenging, fun and supportive environment
• 25 days holiday (in addition to Bank Holidays) plus opportunity to purchase up to 5 extra days
• Highly competitive benefits package including pension and private medical cover
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater Manchester-Manchester
Job: Information Technology
Internal Jobcode: 60124
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1702875