BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Specialist Application Maintenance Support Analyst (Strong Unix/Linux)
Title: Application Support Analyst
We are seeking a Senior Applications Support Analyst to join an international Professional Services team. In this role, you’ll have an opportunity to support large installations, including servers and applications, as well as other software as assigned. You will be supporting clients and their applications in the U.S, the U.K. and Asia. You’ll have an opportunity to get your career on the fast track, by working with some interesting products and technologies. You will also have the additional opportunity to use your coding knowledge to work on several in house integrations that we’ve developed. At the same time, you’ll join a highly collaborative team, where you’ll be mentored by Senior Support and Applications Development engineers, in order to grow your skills. If you enjoy diversity, a challenge, an environment that rewards your hard work, and you have an interest in growing your career –this may be the opportunity you’ve been seeking.
What you will be doing:
· Support Trade Order Management Systems, Internal and External cloud based applications, portals, and a variety of Financial Services applications.
· Identify and document user and system issues.
· Create database queries using Oracle and NS-SQL.
· Enhance and debug application code.
· Assist in the maintenance of applications, including 24×7, high-availability systems
· Conduct application testing, build test scripts, support client application testing, and collect and summarize test data.
· Create and maintain job schedules, job tracking, client communications, team communications, Web reports, and other documents that may be required.
· Coordinate project activities with client.
· Produce organized and informative system documentation, including details of application configuration and installation and client infrastructure.
· Contribute to and maintain a knowledge base of previous support issues.
· Train users on applications and help them resolve application issues.
· Participate in periodic Disaster Recovery exercises
Experience you’ll need:
· B.S. or B.A. degree preferred
· A history of Application Support.
· Analysis of log files to seek errors and issues.
· Comfortable working directly with end users.
· Experience installing, configuring or supporting business applications.
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to create organized and informative reports, as well as comprehensive, accurate documentation.
· Competence in Linux / UNIX operating systems, and shell scripting.
· Experience querying and working with relational databases (particularly SQL Server and Oracle)
· A history of working independently without close supervision and demonstrated time management skills.
· Ability to participate in multiple projects simultaneously while adhering to tight schedules.
· Competence in current Microsoft operating systems, Microsoft Office products, and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
· Experience with Java based programming languages and willingness/ability to learn.
Required Core Skillset:
· Unix/Linux working knowledge with the ability to script
· Understanding/appreciation of generic cloud environments
· SQL Server / Oracle DBMS
· Handle Incident, Change and Problem Management process.
· Monitoring tools (such as Dynatrace, Splunk, Orion, HP OpenView)
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· 2 years IT/Finance Services experience
· Experience working with offshore development teams
· Provide On-Call (out of hours support)
· Ability to work weekend’s for deployments, upgrades, failover and DR tests
· Data/BI visualisations and the subsequent reporting of SLA/OLA metrics
· Experience with in financial services trade order management systems such as Advent Geneva, Charles River
· Java application development/Maintenance with an understanding of Tomcat/Apache operations.
· Utilities (such as Cybermation, CA Harvest Workbench, WinScp, FileZilla, Remedy, Putty)
· Understanding of Message Queues operations and administration
· Batch Scheduling operations and administration
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 45139
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Asset Mgmt Technology-HR15726
Requisition Number: 1709071