BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Lead Mgr, Reg Oversight Mgmt
Incumbent will lead and coordinate audit readiness for the various agencies such as Ginne Mae, Fannie Mae, and Freddie Mac as well as Service Organization Control (SOC) readiness, remediation, and audit activities. Coordinate all audit activities including onsite visits. Coordinate the assessment of risks, development of the audit plan, communication of audit results, and development of corrective action plans for external audits. Additional responsibilities include:
· Manages a team responsible for supporting a business with first line of defense regulatory oversight management efforts as they relate to standard regulatory and policy requirements and program and project development.
· Manages the performance of assigned staff; coaches team members and provides guidance on project management.
· Manages the analysis and identification of existing legislation, regulatory announcements, and industry practices, and helps business areas develop procedures to meet these requirements.
· Supervises team in conducting control process validation to ensure compliance with laws, rules and regulations and manage risk.
· Works with business unit managers to review and respond to reports issued by regulatory agencies or audit.
· Maintains contact with regulators and government officials regarding general issues or inquiries.
· Serves as an escalation point for moderately complex issues.
· Advises and guides staff on appropriate solutions and shepherds through to resolution.
· Assists in researching and implementing methodologies, protocols and processes to facilitate or improve regulatory oversight management efforts.
· Guides team in activities that align to team, area and functional objectives.
· Contributes to the development of team standard operating procedures.
· Tracks and reports on results and outcomes for assigned team.
· Provides reports on team metrics and dashboards and follows resource allocation guidelines.
· Recruits, directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contributions, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team.
· Manages regulatory oversight management team members to support the business.
· Develops and oversees the achievement of team objectives.
· May manage financial resources (e.g., budgets, expenses, etc.).
· Focus is on daily, short-term goal achievement.
· Bachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
· 4-5 years of total work experience and 0-1 years of management experience in financial services preferred.
· Additional preferences include:
o Knowledge of internal controls and audit techniques, understanding of applicable laws, rules, and regulations governing audit activity.
o Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to compose correspondence.
o Ability to effectively present information and or facilitate in a group setting.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize work.
- Excellent skills in proofreading of documents for spelling, grammar, punctuation, and presentation.
- Ability to manage responsibilities and unexpected pressures/dilemmas.
- Ability to comprehend consequences of various situations and make appropriate individuals aware of same for decision-making.
- Ability to exchange information clearly and concisely and to present ideas, report facts, and other information.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Service Delivery (CSD) brings together BNY Mellon's key operational areas into one global team to better support the company's businesses and serve clients around the world. CSD helps clients to conduct business, service assets, and engage in transactions in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. At every stage of the investments lifecycle - creating, trading, clearing, settling, holding, servicing, managing, distributing and restructuring assets - CSD is working to make BNY Mellon the recognized industry service quality and productivity leader. Client Service Delivery manages investment monitoring, measurement and processing services for our clients. Our solutions include Securities Operations, Fund Administration, Transfer Agency, Outsourcing, Performance Measurement and other related services.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Dallas
Internal Jobcode: 70398
Organization: Issuer & Loan Services CSD-HR11024
Requisition Number: 1711573