BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr. Specialist Developer
Overview Of BNY Mellon
BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 35 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team.
A specialist full stack developer required to build new features of the new transaction processing platform required to support the MiFiD II regulatory requirements for the BNY Mellon Markets’ business. The candidate will be required to work confidently on this platform, which leverages the latest technologies in message processing including middleware, relational databases, monitoring tools and cloud computing technologies.
• Provides appropriate application software development services.
• Takes lead for establishing, implementing and monitoring 'best practices' for technical development methodologies and tools.
• Proposes innovative, creative technology solutions.
• Analyzes, defines and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems - internal and external using BNY Mellon's standard development methodology.
• Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
• Contributes to defining time tables and project plans.
• Provides application DevOps support as needed.
• 5 – 8 years’ software development experience using the following technologies:
o Open Source Technologies
o Spring Framework
o Web Servces
o REST Services
• Experience with Relationsional Databases including:
o SQL Server
o Big Data Technologies
• Designing systems using OOAD Concepts, Micro Services and Design Patterns.
• Developing front-end technologies such as Web Development and AngularJS/SPA.
• Working experience of messaging middleware technologies such as TIBCO, KAFKA etc. desirable.
• Good understanding of the software development lifecycle (specifically Agile and Waterfall).
• Comfortable with system testing against requirements.
• Financial Services and/or Securities product knowledge desirable.
• Must be a collaborative team player, flexible, possess excellent interpersonal skills and enthusiasm.
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science Engineering or a related technical discipline (or equivalent work experience).
What we can offer you
• Challenging, fun and supportive environment.
• Training and experience with the broad set of businesses/asset classes that are in Markets.
• Opportunity to shape the BNY Mellon Markets procedures.
• Involvement in a Markets business with ambitious growth plans.
• Highly competitive benefits package including pension and private medical cover.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Information Technology
Internal Jobcode: 60172
Organization: Investment Services Technology-HR13644
Requisition Number: 1715038