BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Specialist Network Administrator
Maintain heterogeneous network infrastructure providing expertise in different areas
- Responsible to ensure network equipment configuration meets or exceeds corporate standards and policies.
- Evaluate and/or recommends purchases;
- Update network diagrams as required.
- Update documentation as needed
- Participate in building and maintaining processes and procedures on change management, problem management, incident management and configuration management
Assist in resolving issues, periodically, outside normal business hours.
- Provide efficient and timely resolution.
- Monitor ticketing system for outstanding tickets
- Ensure that scheduled downtime during fix implementation meets or exceeds SLA requirements
- Provide off hours support to resolve major emergency incidents
- Assist and provide root cause analysis
- Assist and provide short term mitigation recommendations
- work with Vendors on support cases and escalations
Provide networking subject matter expertise to other teams
- Mentor novice network administrators or operators
- Drive knowledge sharing sessions for Dev Ops team members
- Initiate some new responsibilities and help to plan for the future of the site/network.
Assist in researching, enhancing and implementing enterprise networking solutions with high reliability and availability
- Assist and complete network changes as needed
- Ensure implementation meets or exceeds requirements and scope of work
- Assist and provide evidence of reduction in time to implement changes for all enhanced configuration items
- Mid level of technical knowledge needed. Some industry knowledge and some experience in a commercial environment necessary.
- Problem solving is essential for this role. Much of this problem solving is based around compliance and regulatory parameters. Position handles mostly level 2 and 3 issues. Some innovation may be necessary. Environmental factors include time sensitivity on occasion.
- Directly impacts the business and clients as this function controls the Network Administration function for Eagle globally. EMEA and APAC areas are covered. Impact is on entire business, but more specific on individual access being worked on.
- Must have solid interpersonal skills. Could represent group to any individual in the company, will get some exposure to MD level. Client service skills are essential.
- Good practical knowledge on using Cisco devices. Must have good knowledge on switching and routing (CCNA - Cisco Certified Network Associate is a must).
- Knowledge on loadbalancing solutions
- Knowledge on public cloud services would be an advantage
- Experience with scripting languages (Python, Bash) is a plus
- Nice to have experience in VPNs, firewalls and VMWare suite
If you apply for this role this means you agree with the following statement:
Through my application for a role with BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o. (the Company) I hereby authorize the Company to process my personal data for the purposes of recruitment. Furthermore I declare that I am aware of the voluntary submission of data and I am informed about the right to access the data and the right to correct it, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws [Dz.U] No. 133, item 883)”. I authorise the Company to process my personal data for future recruitment processes.
Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its’ affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data.
BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details.-
BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office – Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw
The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited – 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL
The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV – 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium
Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom,
Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon's Asset Servicing business is dedicated to dynamically supporting our clients' investments and safeguarding their assets, keeping them working around the clock and across the world. It's part of our commitment to being a true partner for our clients' investment success. We specialize in operational solutions and capabilities for today's market-enhancing management and administration of investments with services that process, monitor and measure investment data from around the world. By leveraging BNY Mellon's global footprint and deep expertise, we deliver insight-driven solutions for every phase of investing.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Job: Asset Servicing
Internal Jobcode: 60133
Organization: Eagle Investment Systems-HR06405
Requisition Number: 1715190