BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Legal Counsel - M&A and Restructuring
The EMEA M&A & Restructuring Legal practice is based in BNY Mellon’s EMEA headquarters in London and reports to the Global M&A & Restructuring team based in BNY Mellon’s headquarters in New York. The practice is friendly and collegiate and committed to delivering legal support of the highest quality. Although the practice focuses on EMEA, it is also involved in projects worldwide.
As part of the EMEA M&A & Restructuring Legal practice, the candidate will have an active role in providing legal support in respect of BNY Mellon’s M&A transactions and internal restructurings. The role will cover all of BNY Mellon’s businesses (Investment Management, Investment Services and Markets) and will therefore expose the candidate to the full breadth of BNY Mellon’s corporate organisation.
We are looking for a mid-levelcorporate transactional lawyer (2-4 yearsPQE) who will:
- Provide hands on legal support on BNY Mellon’s acquisitions, disposals and legal entity reorganisations, including assisting with the initial structuring of transactions, assisting the business with the preparation of term sheets and steps plans, assisting with the drafting and negotiation of transaction agreements, providing transactional legal advice, project support and direction, including by identifying potential impediments to project completion and the identification and implementation of mitigating actions, collaborating with relevant stakeholders and assisting with the coordination of other workstreams throughout the project.
- Work closely with legal colleagues in other jurisdictions (including the M&A & Restructuring Legal team in New York) as well as in other practice areas.
- Keep abreast of legal developments that impact M&A and restructuring transactions and attaining an understanding of the regulatory landscape impacting BNY Mellon’s businesses, in particular its legal entity structure.
The candidate should:
- Have a law degree and be qualified as a solicitor, or foreign equivalent, with robust and extensive experience advising on corporate transactions (in particular M&A) from a recognised firm having a well recognised corporate transactional practice. It would be preferable if the candidate had experience of advising financial institutions.
- Be enthusiastic about developing a deep understanding of BNY Mellon’s organisation and its businesses and playing a role in supporting its key strategic initiatives.
- Be willing to take on early responsibility, have a strong work ethic and a desire to apply his or her skill set in a commercial environment as well as to further develop as a corporate lawyer.
- Be a “self-starter”, dynamic and proactive, and willing to function independently, engage with clients and other stakeholders to solve issues and to drive transactions forward.
- Have sound business acumen, strong analytical, problem solving and organisational skills as well as excellent communication and interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
- Be accustomed to working in a fast paced environment, performing under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Be a “team player” who deals effectively with all employees and external business contacts while conveying a positive, service-oriented attitude.
- Have the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
As part one of the safest and most trusted financial institutions, the BNY Mellon Legal department mitigates risk and handles legal affairs to ensure the security of the company and its clients. BNY Mellon's Legal Department, has overall responsibility for government affairs and advises on advocacy and policy initiatives of the company to support BNY Mellon's domestic and international operations, and they also support all bank regulatory and supervisory issues.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Internal Jobcode: 50184
Organization: Legal Affairs-HR06241
Requisition Number: 1715492