BNY Mellon Careers
Administrator - Edinburgh
BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 36 countries and serving more than 100 markets.
BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team
We are looking for Candidates to join our ever growing team for a number of entry level positions.
The Roles will Primarily involve the following duties
- The timely and accurate preparation and calculation of all areas of Centralised Expense process: from the initial preparation of the budget to the final processing of payments and adjustments in accordance with BNY Mellon standard procedures.
- Daily reconciliation of trades and cash positions, trade bookings & cash reporting.
- Assistance in the completion of net asset values (NAVs) for client funds in accordance with BNY Mellon standard operating procedures
- Preparation of cash and asset reconciliations and perform price tolerance checks
- Understanding & reviewing the terms of all derivatives contracts in order to accurately record these products on internal Accounting Systems.
- Monitoring the lifecycle of the derivatives & ensuring rates are updated, cash settlements are reconciled to Custody and positions are reconciled to the Counterparty
- Trade execution and order management, trade confirmation processing, trade reconciliation and settlement, portfolio pricing, position and P&L valuation
- Creation and delivery of daily standard client reporting with SAP Business Objects (German teams)
- Reviewing and ensuring that all tax deliverables, operational and first tax quality assurance related tasks are performed in accordance with new laws and regulations
- On-boarding of clients at BNY Mellon and ensuring the correct tax service and reporting is applied
- Providing clear, complete and accurate answers to Money Transfer related queries with specific focus on root cause
We are Looking for Candidates who hold the following
- Fluency in English (speaking and writing)
- BA or MA degree (from various faculties)
- Proficiency with MS Office & PC literacy
- Interest in, and a basic knowledge of, financial markets
- Ability to focus on accuracy and timeliness
- Active, communicative and able to work well in a team
- Organisational, inter-personal and communication skills
- Ability to prioritise, multi-task and work under time pressure
What we Offer
- Excellent opportunities for training, growth and professional development
- Opportunities to engage in diverse projects due to growth of business migrations
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in additional projects
- A collaborative culture and great teams
- A supportive, open and inclusive working environment
- Job security with many opportunities for growth in a well-known company
- Challenging work
- Competitive pay
- Private medical cover and group life insurance
- Sports, social and charity events
- Opportunities to engage with BNY Mellon team members across multiple disciplines
This is a talent pipeline posting.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Lothian Region-Edinburgh
Internal Jobcode: PCSD62
Organization: Transfer Agency EMEA-HR07268
Requisition Number: 1716381