BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Specialist front end developer - UI
Senior Specialist front end developer - UI
This is a 100% hands-on position for user interface implementation on web based applications. In this role you will lead the effort in project UI development as well as support continuous improvement on custom frameworks and best practice for UI development across applications. You shall work well within a team-based environment but also be comfortable working alone; the ability to be self-directed and independent is important. Good verbal and written communication skills are also required.
· Develop and lead scalable front-end web coding, responsive design implementations for web applications
· Develop and lead implementation of Mobile Web Applications
· Develop and lead the standardization of UI components across many applications to provide consistent user interface.
· Work closely with designers, back-end developers, project manager and QA testers to contribute to the overall project delivery
· Stay up to date on latest trends and emerging technologies within the UI community
· Research and suggest new ways to improve both the speed and quality of the front-end development process
· Provide technical leadership and mentorship for junior developers
Consults with internal business groups to provide appropriate application software development services or technical support. Analyzes, defines and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs using BNY Mellon's standard development methodology. Works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications. Analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group. Contributes to defining time tables and project plans. Analyzes and estimates feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs. Takes lead for establishing, implementing and monitoring 'best practices' for technical development methodologies and tools. Proposes innovative, creative technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 8-10 years of experience in software development required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
· 8+ year experience with HTML/CSS/JS
· Proficient with Angular2, JQuery, Bootstrap, or other UI frameworks
· Proficient with CSS,CSS3, HTML/XHTML,HTML5 including an understanding of CSS hierarchies and browser and platform compatibility issues
· Experience with “Responsive Design”, “Mobile Web Application”, “Hybrid Mobile Applications”
· Experience with building reusable UI design patterns/UI library/UI frameworks and ability to write well-abstracted, reusable code for UI components
· Extreme attention to detail, driving for pixel perfection
· Familiar with Agile methodology and SCRUM practice in software development
· Additional programming knowledge and experience with Java/J2EE is a plus
· Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or highly related discipline is preferred
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45172
Job: Corporate Trust
Organization: Investment Services Technology-HR13644
Requisition Number: 1800049