BNY Mellon Careers
Sr Rep, Corporate Actions
Role Synopsis and Required Skills and Attributes
• Excellent attention to detail, prioritisation and time management required
• Client focussed with a willingness to understand and assist with client queries required
• Experience working in a financial services regulated environment desirable (Financial Conduct Authority, Central Bank of Ireland or the Jersey Financial Services Commission)
• Knowledge of equity markets, fixed income and foreign exchange desirable
• Willingness and desire to self-educate on Corporate Events
• Experience of reconciliations desirable
MyCareer Path Description and Position Summary
Responsible for performing mandatory and voluntary corporate action-related custody and accounting processing requirements such as dividend payments, reorganization/proxy, bond redemption, etc. Also responsible for managing and controlling high levels of risk and liability inherent in the various functions and for reconciliation activities, client reporting and proration on transactions.
Serves as the lead in supporting the execution of mandatory and voluntary corporate action-related custody and accounting processing.
MyCareer Path Primary Responsibilities
• Primarily responsible for reviewing the processing and maintaining voluntary and mandatory corporate actions and dividends on products.
• Support and complete client inquiries and requests. Often assists others with more complex requests.
• Reviews reconciliations of client holdings versus agent holdings to ensure accurate corporate action transaction processing; identifies opportunities for improvement and develops action plans for implementation.
• Audits event files for all relevant documentation and recordkeeping requirements; provides coaching and feedback to junior staff.
• Contributes to client conversion, release and continuous improvement activities.
• Provides knowledge and technical assistance, determining when the more complex problems should be referred to a supervisor or senior professional.
• No direct reports; may provide guidance to more junior staff.
• Responsible for the quality and completion of own work.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Pershing provides critical business process, financial and technology solutions for financial organizations around the globe. We operate behind the scenes to power transformational change for broker-dealers, registered investment advisors, independent financial advisers, hedge fund and '40 Act fund managers and individual investors. We strive to be innovators, developing open architecture technology and financial solutions to support our customers' growth. We advocate on behalf of our customers and help them respond to regulatory reform and drive positive outcomes for our industry and investors. From our core business as an industry-leading trade execution, clearing and custody provider, we have evolved into a global multifaceted firm that provides investment solutions, forward-thinking technology-driven efficiencies, practice management and service excellence.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater Manchester-Manchester
Internal Jobcode: 09344
Requisition Number: 1800846