BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr. Specialist Developer, Web and Application Development – Unified Monitoring Framework
Global Custody and Cash Services (GCCS) provides technology development and support for the core engines and associated applications of the following shared Custody and Cash services: Global Securities Settlements, Global Trade Capture, Global Portfolio Services, Global Cash Services, Securities Data Services, and Operational Data Services. GCCS also supports reconciliations across the company through its Enterprise Reconciliation Services.
Unified Monitoring Framework (UMF) is a centralized, generic framework for monitoring the health and performance of critical business processes, applications, and the underlying infrastructure. This framework will be used by Cash and Securities Operations and Technology groups to facilitate efficient operation of services.
UMF is an extensible, centralized monitoring service framework, built using an industry-standard framework. It avoids application-specific builds, which are difficult to reuse/costly to build/maintain and provides a standardized, uniform mechanism for data collection, visualization and analytics.
UMF is built using state-of-the-art big data tech stack comprised of technologies such as Apache Kafka, Apache Storm, Neo4J, ElasticSearch, Logstash and Kibana.
UMF is a highly visible and a critical project for GCCS Operations.
We are seeking an extremely talented and hard-working Senior Specialist Developer, who has the drive to be a part of fast-paced project team. This role will be responsible for designing and implementing product features such as a highly scalable, low-latency data pipeline, graph database, integration with enterprise services, continuous integration, automated testing etc.
Candidates with backgrounds in data analytics, data visualization, and building realtime process monitors are highly desirable.
- Technical architecture and design of distributed application components such as databases, programming languages, utilities, testing approach, and tools.
- Participates in the evaluation and implementation of vendor application software and tools.
- Provides broad understanding of platforms and applications across all technologies by consulting with the project teams and assisting the groups in their technical training needs.
- Provides innovative, technology solutions based on industry standards to meet client needs.
- Constructs program design artifacts (UML, flow-charts etc.) to describe the processing of data and development of precise steps and processing logic across all platforms.
- Converts business problem specifications into detailed program design specifications based on industry-standard technology solutions.
- Helps resolve system problems affecting primary applications or across multiple platforms using the appropriate debugging tools and techniques such as probes, animators, traces, sniffers and dumps.
- Contributes to the achievement of team objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent. A Master’s degree is preferred.
- 8-10 years of experience in application architecture, analysis and applications development required.
- 2+ years of experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
- Technical Architecture and Detailed Design of Application Components.
- Expert level, hands-on experience with Java programming.
- Hands-on experience with at least 2 of the following Big Data Technologies: Kafka, Storm, Neo4J, ELK
- Experience with data modeling and design using RDBMS databases such as Oracle and/or NOSQL databases.
- Experience with at least 2 of the following Development Tools: Eclipse, Maven, Git, Jenkins, Jira.
- Experience with at least 1 of the following Development Methods: SDLC/Waterfall, Agile
- Nice-to-have experience:
- BNYM Tech Stack: BXP2/3, NEXEN UX, NEXEN Gateway.
- Experience interfacing with offshore delivery teams.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45172
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Investment Services Technology-HR13644
Requisition Number: 1801010