BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Lead Mgr, Corporate Actions
Role Synopsis and Required Skills and Attributes
• Understanding of Corporate Actions (Mandatory and optional)
• Knowledge of Dividends for UK \ Unit Trust and International markets
• Good understanding of SWIFT, Crest, Bloomberg, IDC and other data providers
• A good understanding of the industry from a regulatory and operational perspective
• technical and functional knowledge as required for the role
• Understanding and experience of using Global CSD GUIs
• Word & Excel competent
• Strong Management and People Skills
• Staff Development and Training
MyCareer Path Description and Position Summary
Responsible for performing mandatory and voluntary corporate action-related custody and accounting processing requirements such as dividend payments, reorganization/proxy, bond redemption, etc. Also responsible for managing and controlling high levels of risk and liability inherent in the various functions and for reconciliation activities, client reporting and proration on transactions
Manages a Corporate Actions team responsible for providing corporate action-related custody and accounting processing
MyCareer Path Primary Responsibilities
• Responsible for monitoring team member workloads to ensure daily tasks are completed timely and in compliance with department procedures; reviews daily control reports.
• Approves the work product and operational output of staff to ensure accuracy on corporate actions activity. Reviews files for completion and compliance with execution of risk controls.
• Coordinates with internal departments and external sub custodians, custodians, depositories, agents, and brokers to ensure that daily work meets organizational standards.
• Provides training for new team members and cross-training of all team members; ensures adequate staffing allocation, performance and personnel management of team. Responsible for development of policies and procedures and management of written supervisory procedures.
• Recruits, directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team.
• Manages one or more teams.
• Responsible for achievement of team goals. Ensures team is equipped to operationalize and attain team objectives. Manage the human resources of the team, including coaching, performance management and career development. May manage financial resources of the team (budgets, expenses, etc.).
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Pershing provides critical business process, financial and technology solutions for financial organizations around the globe. We operate behind the scenes to power transformational change for broker-dealers, registered investment advisors, independent financial advisers, hedge fund and '40 Act fund managers and individual investors. We strive to be innovators, developing open architecture technology and financial solutions to support our customers' growth. We advocate on behalf of our customers and help them respond to regulatory reform and drive positive outcomes for our industry and investors. From our core business as an industry-leading trade execution, clearing and custody provider, we have evolved into a global multifaceted firm that provides investment solutions, forward-thinking technology-driven efficiencies, practice management and service excellence.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Merseyside-Liverpool
Job: Asset Servicing
Internal Jobcode: 70447
Requisition Number: 1801136