BNY Mellon Careers
Global Business Change Manager
Operational Change Manager – Global
BNY Mellon Markets
Evolving regulations, increasing capital constraints, liquidity concerns and the growing demand for transparency are among the many challenges our clients face. These challenges require new thinking and new solutions. BNY Mellon Markets can help clients access capital, financing and liquidity through our suite of foreign exchange, securities finance, collateral management and segregation, capital markets, liquidity and prime brokerage services. With over 1000 employees across three continents, we pride ourselves on solving clients trading, financing, liquidity and collateral needs. We offer innovative solutions and services, market insight, industry expertise and scalable technology, and deliver services such as foreign exchange execution, securities finance, equity and fixed income investment solutions, liquidity services, equity and debt underwriting, public finance, collateral management, collateral segregation and prime brokerage services. Markets Operations EMEA is the back office for Foreign Exchange trade settlement and related control activities for Markets FX Trading Europe. The primary objective of FX Operations is to ensure a robust and stable operational control environment exists to support the Global Foreign Exchange businesses. Business as usual activities include processing trades to ensure accurate and timely settlement, confirmation of FX trades with clients or counterparties, static data set up of settlement instructions and systems feeds, pre-execution trade checks, investigations and reconciliation. In addition to BAU activities, the operation is requested to participate in the ongoing development of Markets and BNYM client product offerings to provide comfort and sign off from a technology and product perspective.
Overall Role Responsibility
The Global Business Change Manager is responsible, on behalf of the Senior Responsible Owner, for defining the benefits, assessing progress towards realisation and achieving measured improvements in business operations that supports BNYM FX Franchise.
Key areas of responsibility
- Create end-to-end integration solutions enhancement specifications, test plans and implementation strategy
- Identify functional/technical gaps in new requests and find solutions which meet business, technical and efficiency requirements
- Partner with Front Office for solution design and implementation
- Personally drive change and own Markets Operations business architecture
- Design business workflows
- Recognize existing system deficiencies and recommend effective solutions, manage enhancements and bug fixes
- Analyse project requirements and translate this information into functional specifications
- Create scripts, scenarios and functional specification design documents
- Execute test scripts and collect evidence
- Document defects following best practices
- Implement new systems and associated processes post project into BAU
Skills and experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent time and people management skills including the ability to communicate effectively across the BNYM network.
- Displays a high degree of emotional intelligence and resilience
- Incumbent is expected to adopt an agile and flexible approach to working hours.
- Significant documented experience in change/project roles
- Experience writing Business Requirements, Test Scenarios and coordinating testing across multiple locations.
- Process Improvement
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong desire for excellence with a conscientious approach
- Proactive nature
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualifiers including practical experience, with previous work in the financial services industry essential.
Working conditions and other information
- Full time – 35 hours a week although additional hours may be necessary in order to fulfil a project completion
- Core shifts between 9am and 5pm (will need to be flexible dependent upon workload)
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Global Markets, through its Foreign Exchange, Derivatives, BNY Mellon Capital Markets, LLC and BNY Mellon Capital Markets EMEA Limited businesses, provides a broad array of products and services for corporate, institutional and high-net-worth investors to choose among various vehicles aimed at protecting principal, providing growth and managing risk.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 70601
Job: Global Markets
Organization: MARKETS CENTRAL MANAGEMENT-HR15164
Requisition Number: 1801204