BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Security Technology Specialist, Physical Security
The Security Technology Specialist (STS) will serve as a Subject Matter Expert for technology that is utilized by and impacts Global Corporate Security (GCS), or is deployed by the company to operate, support, or maintain the systems that enable GCS to accomplish its mission. The STS will consult on GCS projects to ensure that the latest technology and best practices are being utilized. The STS must:
· Be knowledgeable in systems and network applications including LAN, firewalls, routers, switches, VLANS, and Biometric access control systems.
· Possess a strong knowledge of network infrastructure and network servers in a Microsoft and Virtual Machine (VMware) environment.
· Be familiar with the technology behind the C-Cure Access Control Systems, Video Monitoring Systems, and Visitor Management Systems.
· Understand systems maintenance, patching cycles, etc.
· Test equipment to determine functionality and feasibility for acquisition and implementation, and the training of others in the use of equipment acquisitions.
· Be familiar with basic Project Management best practices.
· Assist in security project budgeting especially as it relates to technology requirements, software requirements, and software licensing requirements.
· Consult and advise on security projects to ensure that the latest technology and best practices are being utilized.
· Have a desire to engage in continuing education to obtain certifications in access control programming and maintenance.
· Be able to communicate effectively on a wide range of security subjects, both technical and non-technical, to all levels of management and staff.
· Implement the GCS Security Technology vision.
· Interact with internal and external service providers.
· Advise, educate, and mentor GCS Regional Managers and subunit managers at US and non-US sites.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience required. 5-7 years of total work experience preferred. Prior experience in security preferred.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
As part one of the safest and most trusted financial institutions, the BNY Mellon Legal department mitigates risk and handles legal affairs to ensure the security of the company and its clients. BNY Mellon's Legal Department, has overall responsibility for government affairs and advises on advocacy and policy initiatives of the company to support BNY Mellon's domestic and international operations, and they also support all bank regulatory and supervisory issues.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 85025
Organization: Corporate Security-HR06017
Requisition Number: 1801619