BNY Mellon Careers
Lead Representative, Middle Office - 2 vacancies
• Serves as a lead for the day-to-day operations of a Middle Office support team, providing work direction and technical assistance on complex matters.
• Leads the daily activities of a Middle Office support team servicing multiple funds.
• Reviews data and assists in resolving escalated problems that may arise during the normal daily, weekly or monthly accounting and reporting.
• Supervises the tracking of fund data and trades, as well as the maintenance of records.
• Establishes data maintenance and summarization processes and procedures to improve team efficiency and best support the Middle Office support team.
• Searches for fail points in processes and provides error reports to clients in compliance with established service level agreements.
• Reviews error reports from more junior team members and provides feedback.
• Ensures error reports from support staff comply with service level agreements before they are shared with Middle Office teams.
• Escalates external errors. Correction of internal errors is at the discretion of the client.
• Reviews for exceptions. If exceptions are found, confirms that internal and client procedures were followed, processing was on time and in line with FCC regulations and no unnecessary steps were taken.
• Checks exceptions identified by more junior level team members.
• Dictates how support team handles incorrectly managed exceptions and enforces adherence to procedures.
• Leads team in preparing system-generated reports.
• Sets standards for teams report output to be shared with client teams.
• Coordinates review of reports and the sharing of reports with Middle Office teams.
• Reviews work of junior team members.
• Assists in identifying and implementing process improvements to reduce audit and financial exposure and improve team efficiency.
• Supervises a team of Middle Office support staff. May be responsible for specific supervisory review and approval actions. Supports the achievement of team objectives.
• Master degree, mutual fund industry background preferred.
• High school/secondary school or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
• 3-5 years of total work experience preferred.
• Experience in accounting support or the mutual fund industry preferred.
If you apply for this role this means you agree with the following statement:
Through my application for a role with BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o. (the Company) I hereby authorize the Company to process my personal data for the purposes of recruitment. Furthermore I declare that I am aware of the voluntary submission of data and I am informed about the right to access the data and the right to correct it, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws [Dz.U] No. 133, item 883)”. I authorise the Company to process my personal data for future recruitment processes. Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its’ affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data. BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details.- BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office – Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw
The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited – 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL
The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV – 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium
Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom,
Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon's Asset Servicing business is dedicated to dynamically supporting our clients' investments and safeguarding their assets, keeping them working around the clock and across the world. It's part of our commitment to being a true partner for our clients' investment success. We specialize in operational solutions and capabilities for today's market-enhancing management and administration of investments with services that process, monitor and measure investment data from around the world. By leveraging BNY Mellon's global footprint and deep expertise, we deliver insight-driven solutions for every phase of investing.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Job: Asset Servicing
Internal Jobcode: 70549
Organization: ASSET SERVG MIDDLE OFFICE SOL-HR12330
Requisition Number: 1801865