BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Representative, Tax Reporting & Compliance
ECOBT (Enterprise Client Onboarding and Tax Operations) Description
Client On-boarding and Tax is responsible for the on-boarding of clients at BNY Mellon and ensuring the correct tax service is applied and correct tax reporting is performed.
This function is a central utility provider, servicing Corporate Trust
Two main pillars of service are provided:
1. Global Client Administration, taking care of US Client Administration, US and EMEA Client On-boarding, System Consolidation/Conversions, US Compliance and Control Reporting.
2. Tax Products and Services, taking care of Tax Documentation and Reporting, Research on event taxability, Tax Withholding on US Corporate Events, Japanese, Lebanese and Spanish events, Cost Basis Reporting and Calculation, Tax Reporting, Global Tax Compliance, Tax Certification and Regulatory reporting.
The Tax Agent is a part of the regulatory reporting process ensuring processing of documents and received data. He/She ensures all procedures and processes are up-to-date and works with other tax teams to ensure they are in line with the bank’s policies and with the actual operational process. Provides entry-level support for the preparation and maintenance of tax records, returns, and reports for internal and/or external clients.
Gathers required data elements, as needed, for various regulatory filings (e.g. CRS & UK FATCA Reporting).
The Tax Agent also deals with clients’ questions on the regulatory rules, consistency and validity of provided documents based on information received from other teams. The communication, exchange of information and reporting is an integral part of the job. S/he interacts on a day-to-day basis internally with various teams.
- Produce reporting to clients and local Tax Authorities (TA) as per scheduled deadlines.
- Contribute to compilation of periodic department status reports.
- Develop and improve relationships with clients, taking ownership of related issues.
- Participate in periodic service calls with various Global Operations departments.
- Remain up to date with respect to the latest tax regulations by leveraging internal and external sources of information as appropriate.
- Ensure that relevant databases and client files remain up to date.
- Developing and documenting procedures and ensuring they remain current.
- Develop knowledge of other BNY Mellon departments (including Corporate Trust, Corporate Tax) to ensure timely resolution of cross-departmental issues.
- BA or Master Degree
- Fluent English
- MS Office knowledge
- Candidate should possess analytical skills and be organized, due to regulations and spreadsheets to be updated and monitored.
- Candidate should have the ability to work as part of a team as it is team’s responsibility to validate tax documents, update spreadsheets/systems, create reports according to team’s organization and coordination
- An attitude of Accountability, Flexibility and Adaptability
- Ability to effectively interact with other BNY Mellon departments
- Ability to manage internal and external client expectations
- Ability to escalate in an effective and timely fashion
What we can offer you:
- Full time contract of employment.
- Location: Aquariu Building ul. Swobodna 3.
- Competitive salary.
- Health & Life Insurance.
- Multisport card / Cinema Tickets / Nursery subsidiary.
- Pension scheme.
- Excellent opportunities for training, growth and professional development.
- Opportunities to engage in diverse projects due to growth of business migrations.
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in additional charity projects.
- A collaborative culture and great teams.
Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its’ affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data. BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details.- BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office – Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited – 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV – 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom. Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Internal Jobcode: 70089
Organization: PE Global Delivery Network-HR11644
Requisition Number: 1802025