BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Specialist Developer – Platform Security/Automation Solutions
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place. BNY Mellon BXP technology is leading edge with industry first PasS/IaaS fully integrated solution, combined with enterprise standards for developers.
TSG is building next generation scalable, efficient data center as a service using the latest innovation infrastructure. Building on top of the cloud deployments in BNY Mellon, we are aggressively automating and bridging the green field cloud with the existing virtual computing environments.
This primary responsibility of this role is to act as a Senior Developer on the Platform Security team and assist in privileged access management effort. The candidate will lead efforts to design, implement and maintain various access management and review solutions that assist TSG and Cyber Security Management in tracking and remediating privileged access risks.
Key responsibilities include:
- Understanding the purpose, scope and direction of the firm’s production and privileged access review efforts.
- Designing, implementing and maintaining a Production Access Review solutions.
- Integrating solutions with firm’s cyber analytics plant as well as workflow management systems.
- Working with other platform security teams in designing and implementing automation solutions for security processes.
- Participating in other platform security efforts as needed.
Sr. Specialist Developer->> Consults with internal business groups to provide appropriate application software development services or technical support. Analyzes, defines and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs using BNY Mellon's standard development methodology. Works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications. Analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group. Contributes to defining time tables and project plans. Analyzes and estimates feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs. Takes lead for establishing, implementing and monitoring 'best practices' for technical development methodologies and tools. Proposes innovative, creative technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required.
- Eight to ten (8-10) years of experience in software development required.
- At least seven (7) years of previous experience developing web services using Java and RESTful technologies is preferred.
- At least five (5) years of previous experience designing front ends in AngularJS.
- Strong development skills in AngularJS, RESTful services, Spring, RDBMS and NoSQL technologies.
- Strong understanding of HTTP protocol, service oriented architectures, micro services, clustering and scalability concerns.
- Demonstrated experience using JIRAs for tracking requirements and delivery.
- Basic skills in data analytics (querying, aggregating, visualizing).
- Basic understanding of authentication, authorization and privileged access management.
- Demonstrated experience integrating solutions with enterprise systems such as messaging, logging, analytics.
- Ability to work in a fast moving environment under aggressive deadlines.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Jersey City
Internal Jobcode: 45172
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1802122