BNY Mellon Careers
Lead Manager, Control
- Manages a small to medium-sized team responsible for identifying, analyzing, monitoring and minimizing business risks, and ensures proper control policies and procedures are in place.
- Manages a team responsible for control testing and reporting on control standards.
- Provides training on policies and procedures concerning controls and risk management.
- Develops testing programs to ensure controls are adequate and effectively implemented.
- Analyzes key risks, errors/near misses and performs root cause analyses. Manages documentation of existing control procedures.
- Analyzes documentation for evidence of successful and efficient performance.
- Operationalizes processes and procedures enacted by senior leaders and assists in their development.
- Manages complex projects that involve working with businesses to improve controls to mitigate any deficiencies.
- Ensures controls meet regulatory and organization standards.
- Projects are usually broader, multi-phased and/or multi-stakeholders.
- Remains aware of market trends to determine potential risks to the organization. Manages analysis and draws conclusions in order to recommend any resulting change needed to mitigate risk.
- Participates in the recruiting process. Instructs, assigns, directs and reviews the work of other risk analysts.
- Prepares performance reviews and provides ongoing feedback.
- Manages a small or mid-sized team working on more complex analyses or riskier projects.
- May have matrixed management responsibility and oversee geographically dispersed teams, adding to the complexity of duties.
- Responsible for the achievement of team goals and objectives, talent management and supervision of Control professionals.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience required.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- 5-7 years of total work experience with 0-1 years of management experience preferred.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry preferred.
- Experienced of Operational Risk Management tools and systems as well as project management is desirable.
- Candidate will have strong oral and written communication skills, analytical and problem solving skills, as well as, solid technical, system and pc skills including advanced excel skills
- Attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task, deadline driven environment
- Candidate should be flexible and able to adapt to a changing environment.
- Pension – 4% employer contribution
- Life Assurance and Medical Insurance
- Education Assistance
- Childcare Vouchers
- Health screening
- Recognition and service awards
- 2 volunteering days per annum
If you apply for this role this means you agree with the following statement: Through my application for a role with BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o. (the Company) I hereby authorize the Company to process my personal data for the purposes of recruitment. Furthermore I declare that I am aware of the voluntary submission of data and I am informed about the right to access the data and the right to correct it, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws [Dz.U] No. 133, item 883)”. I authorise the Company to process my personal data for future recruitment processes. Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its’ affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data. BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details.- BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office – Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited – 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV – 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom, Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Service Delivery (CSD) brings together BNY Mellon's key operational areas into one global team to better support the company's businesses and serve clients around the world. CSD helps clients to conduct business, service assets, and engage in transactions in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. At every stage of the investments lifecycle - creating, trading, clearing, settling, holding, servicing, managing, distributing and restructuring assets - CSD is working to make BNY Mellon the recognized industry service quality and productivity leader. Client Service Delivery manages investment monitoring, measurement and processing services for our clients. Our solutions include Securities Operations, Fund Administration, Transfer Agency, Outsourcing, Performance Measurement and other related services.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Internal Jobcode: 70318
Requisition Number: 1802421