BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr. Mainfram Developer (CICS, DB2, COBOL)
The Global Cash & Custody division is seeking an experienced CICS, DB2 Senior Specialist Developer. The candidate should expect the opportunity to be a significant contributor to a globally diverse technology team and will be challenged to identify and execute on solutions for our internal business groups. The ideal candidate has worked in the financial services industry and possesses in-depth knowledge of global custody services, experience delivering on concurrent, complex application development projects and an understanding of distributed technology platforms. The primary responsibilities include but not limited to;
- Provides application software development services or technical support in more complex situations, and may also be responsible for requirements gathering and BRD/SRD preparation.
- Has thorough knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle and conducts reviews of test plans and test data.
- May allocate/ coordinate work within a team/project. Analyzes, defines and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs using BNY Mellon's standard development methodology.
- Will coordinate coding, testing, implementation and documentation of solutions for business and technical issues.
- Responsible for insuring that expected application performance levels are achieved, and will contribute to defining time tables and project plans for projects and maintenance tasks.
- Analyzes and estimates feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs. Conducts analysis of organizational needs and goals for the development and implementation of application systems and proposes innovative, creative technology solutions. Candidate will contribute to the achievement of related teams' objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required.
- Six to eight (6-8) years of experience in software development required.
- Hands-on experience in CICS, DB2, COBOL Mainframe development
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a must. Knowledge or exposure to BNYM CODS applications like CDW, CMW, EPI, GSP, IMMS are a big plus.
- Understanding of database modeling
- Performance tuning abilities with DB2 applications; understanding of DB2 infrastructure
- Experience in distributed technology platforms like Cloud, Java, AngularJS, Pentaho and Knowledge or exposure to BNYM platforms like BXP & NEXEN are a plus
- Experience in collaborating with business analysts, Project Managers and Architects.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Woodland Park
Internal Jobcode: 45172
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Investment Services Technology-HR13644
Requisition Number: 1802570