BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Compliance Officer I
BNY Mellon is an investment company and can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. Wroclaw is one of six Global Delivery Centres that BNY Mellon has established around the world. We currently employ over 1400 highly skilled employees at our centrally-located and modern office in Wroclaw.
The position will serve in a KYC/AML compliance advisory capacity with particular focus on customer due diligence (CDD) and enhanced due diligence (EDD).
- A key aspect of the role is to assist in analyzing existing proposed and new AML/KYC legislation such as The U.S. Department of Treasury’s FinCEN Final CDD Rule, regulatory announcements and industry practices in order to assist assigned regions and businesses implement enhancements policies and procedures to verify compliance.
- The incumbent will contribute to assessments of the effectiveness of controls that help ensure ongoing compliance with key laws, regulations and policies affecting BNY Mellon businesses.
- In performing the KYC/CDD advisory role, the incumbent will be responsible for identification and escalation of issues to appropriate individuals including other SMEs, management and relevant control committees.
- Additionally, the role requires contribution to select projects and program tasks intended to improve compliance and enhance the control environment.
The role requires that the incumbent:
- Contributes to the compliance efforts of assigned regions or business units,
- Helps with assessment activities to ensure the regions/business units are in compliance with standard regulatory and policy requirements
- Participates in the drafting of policy and procedural documentation when control changes are made.
- Analyzes existing and proposed legislation, regulatory announcements, and industry practices for compliance requirements, and helps businesses develop and implement procedures to meet these requirements.
- Validates controls or project plans to ensure compliance with laws, rules and regulations.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of total work experience in Financial Services in an AML/KYC related compliance, audit or legal background
- Thorough knowledge of regulatory environment and compliance requirements, across major business lines.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical ability
- Fluent English speaker with strong oral and written communication skill
If you apply for this role this means you agree with the following statement:
Through my application for a role with BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o. (the Company) I hereby authorize the Company to process my personal data for the purposes of recruitment. Furthermore I declare that I am aware of the voluntary submission of data and I am informed about the right to access the data and the right to correct it, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws [Dz.U] No. 133, item 883)”. I authorise the Company to process my personal data for future recruitment processes.
Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its’ affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data.
BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details.-
BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office – Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw
The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited – 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL
The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV – 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium
Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom,
Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Risk and Compliance provide risk and compliance services across all BNY Mellon businesses. Organizationally, Risk and Compliance includes the following groups: Risk Management, Compliance, Global Corporate Security, Information Risk Management and Global Business Continuity. Risk Management oversees and delivers risk services and ensures new business risks are reviewed and approved. Risk Management is organized through Chief Risk Offices for each core business and critical operation. Risk managers provide shared support to BNY Mellon for operational risk services for Global Corporate Trust, Depositary Receipts, Treasury Services and Global Operations in EMEA. Compliance helps ensure BNY Mellon's businesses maintain appropriate processes to comply with applicable laws, regulations, BNY Mellon policies and ethics. This is accomplished through business- and business partner-specific teams of professionals, under centralized global management.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Internal Jobcode: 23650
Organization: Compliance & Ethics-HR06015
Requisition Number: 1802578