BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
GrpMgr, Corp Opl Risk (Group Manager, Corporate Operational Risk)
The Operational Risk Management Reporting Team (ORMRT) is responsible for developing and generating enterprise level Operational Risk reports for Executive Management, the Board, select Legal entities, regulators and the broader community managing operational risks. The team must ensure accurate, comprehensive data capture to support enterprise-wide risk management and analysis including risk identification, risk appetite, stress testing, risk-based capital, risk aggregation and enterprise-wide reporting. This role will assist with developing a strategic reporting approach, and drive execution and implementation of enhanced OR reporting; develop and implement a process for monitoring regulatory changes, organizational changes, and other developments impacting reporting; and develop, implement and manage a communication vehicle for the OR management community.
The Senior Operational Risk Specialist will play a key role in developing and executing the reporting strategy, and improving reporting and analytic capabilities, including:
- Assist with developing strategic reporting approach and report formats, and drive execution and implementation of enhanced OR reporting;
- Interact with other teams to direct additional data capture that adds context to ORM data (i.e., performance metrics);
- Developing analytical capabilities and automation to identify data trends and themes;
- Build solid relationships with senior management and other stakeholders to define reporting frequency and requirements. Coordinate with senior management to propose remedial steps required to capture relevant information;
- Evaluate and deploy diagnostic tools as deemed appropriate to identify trends, help operate diagnostic tools to identify trends,
- Liaise with Enterprise Risk reporting teams to manage ongoing design and development of ORM reporting inputs and outputs.
- Develop, implement and manage a communication vehicle for the OR management community;
- Develop and implement a process for monitoring regulatory changes, organizational changes, and other developments impacting reporting.
- Manage regulatory closure documentation
- Coordinate related ORM initiatives as necessary
- Manage ad hoc reporting requests and OR communication requests;
The candidate will be responsible for interacting with a variety of constituents to understand information needs, to consider and propose alternative useful data sets based on their own control knowledge, and the ability to work with teams within and outside risk to develop, aggregate or obtain data for reporting.
- The candidate must have an understanding of risks and controls.
- They must have a proven track record developing senior management reporting.
- This person must be highly intelligent, mature, team-oriented, hard-working and able to lead by example.
- The individual must have the mental acuity to analyze complex sets of data and requirements and to determine optimal ways to present that data in a manner that's clear and concise.
Bachelor s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. 10-12 years of total work experience, with 1-3 years of management experience, preferred.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Risk and Compliance provide risk and compliance services across all BNY Mellon businesses. Organizationally, Risk and Compliance includes the following groups: Risk Management, Compliance, Global Corporate Security, Information Risk Management and Global Business Continuity. Risk Management oversees and delivers risk services and ensures new business risks are reviewed and approved. Risk Management is organized through Chief Risk Offices for each core business and critical operation. Risk managers provide shared support to BNY Mellon for operational risk services for Global Corporate Trust, Depositary Receipts, Treasury Services and Global Operations in EMEA. Compliance helps ensure BNY Mellon's businesses maintain appropriate processes to comply with applicable laws, regulations, BNY Mellon policies and ethics. This is accomplished through business- and business partner-specific teams of professionals, under centralized global management.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 85191
Requisition Number: 1802780