BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr. Specialist Data Analyst
- Demonstrates expert proficiency in the design, development and implementation of data, reporting and database technologies and tools.
- Consults with businesses to resolve complex data issues.
- Continues to extend existing data architecture to support increasing user demands and application requirements.
- Assesses and evaluates risk to understand the implications of design decisions and new technologies.
- Develops database design/code through in-depth understanding of business needs/functionalities and provides expertise in devising, negotiating and defending database schemas and data models.
- Consults with database administration and client areas and provides solutions in resolving complex issues during the translation to a physical database design.
- Provides knowledge and expertise of enterprise data to lead the process for assisting the business in the creation and definition of internal and external message flows.
- Provides direction and guidance on reports and ensures recommendations are aligned with user needs and capabilities.
- Uses expertise to evaluate market trends and provide input into the selection of tools and any necessary migration into the company's environment.
- Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
· Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required.
· 8-10 years of experience in data modeling, data warehousing, data entity analysis, logical and relational database design, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience required.
· Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Jersey City
Internal Jobcode: 45151
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Investment Services Technology-HR13644
Requisition Number: 1802857