BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
New York, New York
- This role will be a lead developer on the Alternative Investment Technology team focused on Private Equity. You will own the design, development and support of the technology solutions used by the Private Equity business line. Projects include new ground-up internal applications, client facing reports, system interfaces, application environment management, web portal development using cutting edge technologies, and build-out of automation based on vendor APIs. You will define scope, design and develop solutions, recommend business process improvements and system enhancements / modifications, test and deploy system enhancements.
- Manage out-sourced/off-shore based developments, vendor relationships and a geographically dispersed project team. Ability to work as a team player in a cross cultural and virtual team.
- Understand business case and analyze requirements from users. Communicate and manage delivery from offshore and vendor resources.
- Lead and participate in system development projects from inception to post-implementation.
- Manage/oversee development testing in effort to ensure quality of deliverable.
- Interface with supporting technology groups to ensure system compliance and adherence to project management standard processes.
- Must have 8+ years’ experience working with banking and finance systems.
- Experience with:
- Investran application
- .Net 3.5+ (C# and VB), VBA, ASP.NET, MVC, Web API’s
- SQL Server (Advanced querying, Triggers, Functions, stored procedures, Profiler, indexes optimization, etc.)
- Reporting Tools (Crystal Reports and MS Reporting Services)
- Angular JS, HTML5, J Query, CSS, LESS
- Experience with Fund Partnership Accounting or Private Equity systems (especially Investran) a plus.
- Experience in formal project methodology and documentation, preferably Agile.
- Ability to manage client expectations and communicating effectively with senior management on service-related issues.
- Experience managing out-sourced or vendor based developments. Team player who can work on a global / virtual project team
- Strong experience in managing technical projects owning the design, planning, and implementation
- Bachelors’ degree in technology, business management or related field.
- The candidate must have excellent communication, problem solving, and analytical skills with a detail oriented mind set. Self-starter who takes ownership of projects.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45198
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Investment Services Technology-HR13644
Requisition Number: 1802952