BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Financial Crime Compliance Monitoring Officer
As a member of the new Anti-Tax Evasion Office (ATEO), the position will coordinate and conduct firm-wide compliance monitoring efforts in relation to the new Tax Evasion Prevention Policy. She / He will assist with all aspects of ATEO, including acting in an advisory capacity, risk assessment oversight and coordination of training and awareness initiatives.
- Responsibility for monitoring of policies and procedures aimed at countering the risk of the company being used to further financial crime, specifically those relating to Anti-Tax Evasion and Anti-Corruption.
- Ensure monitoring is recorded via the global compliance Monitoring System, with appropriate reporting and follow up of action items raised.
- In coordination with the ATEO team, conduct additional reviews to test the effectiveness of controls as directed.
- Track and follow up on action items and recommendations made during the initial tax evasion prevention risk assessment process. Produce regular management information and reports on progression and outstanding items.
- In conjunction with other members of the financial crime compliance team, work on revising the tax evasion prevention risk assessment and its integration in to existing risk assessment systems.
- Assist with the coordination and development of training initiatives.
- Provide assistance to the EMEA Group MLRO on ad hoc issues and projects as required.
- Maintenance of departmental procedures and schedule of annual tasks. Ensure all departmental documentation, including procedures, work lists and projects are up-to-date and properly recorded.
- Undertake preparation and presentation of agreed MI and KPI data, assisting with the analysis as agreed.
- Keep abreast of relevant Anti-Corruption and Anti-Tax Evasion regulatory change and industry developments. Support and assist with review and analysis as directed.
- Provide general support to fellow Financial Crime Compliance Officers and other compliance team members as required.
- Comply with all corporate policies and procedures within the department;
- Alert management immediately of any significant changes to business risks and internal controls effectiveness;
- Notify management immediately of any regulatory breach;
- Comply with health and safety policies and procedures operating within the business.
- BA/BS, MBA or professional certification preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of Financial Services rules and regulations.
- 5-7 years of total work experience preferred. Compliance, AML, KYC, CTF or audit background and/or experience with financial services compliance
- Preferred background: Combating Financial Crime, Counter Terrorist Financing, Compliance, Anti-Money Laundering, Know Your Customer, Due Diligence or Audit
- Excellent English oral and written skills; ability to communicate with various level of management
- The ability to handle stressful situations with internal clients and regulators, while maintaining a professional approach to problem solving.
- Ability to effectively deal with senior management as well as, Regulators as required.
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Ability to manage and prioritise workload
If you apply for this role this means you agree with the following statement:
Through my application for a role with BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o. (the Company) I hereby authorize the Company to process my personal data for the purposes of recruitment. Furthermore I declare that I am aware of the voluntary submission of data and I am informed about the right to access the data and the right to correct it, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws [Dz.U] No. 133, item 883)”. I authorise the Company to process my personal data for future recruitment processes.
Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its’ affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data.
BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details.-
BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office – Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw
The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited – 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL
The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV – 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium
Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom,
Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Risk and Compliance provide risk and compliance services across all BNY Mellon businesses. Organizationally, Risk and Compliance includes the following groups: Risk Management, Compliance, Global Corporate Security, Information Risk Management and Global Business Continuity. Risk Management oversees and delivers risk services and ensures new business risks are reviewed and approved. Risk Management is organized through Chief Risk Offices for each core business and critical operation. Risk managers provide shared support to BNY Mellon for operational risk services for Global Corporate Trust, Depositary Receipts, Treasury Services and Global Operations in EMEA. Compliance helps ensure BNY Mellon's businesses maintain appropriate processes to comply with applicable laws, regulations, BNY Mellon policies and ethics. This is accomplished through business- and business partner-specific teams of professionals, under centralized global management.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Internal Jobcode: 85160
Organization: Compliance & Ethics-HR06015
Requisition Number: 1803021