BNY Mellon Careers
IT SOX/Audit Specialist (Vice President)
- Incumbents demonstrate a breadth of knowledge of IT general controls, compliance and control and a thorough understanding of SOX.
- Supports senior team members in the execution of the SOX assessment program, in providing thorough and reliable identification of in-scope information systems and IT general controls, planning, testing, documentation, and reporting of the effectiveness of financial reporting for delivery to the senior management and external committees.
- With minimal guidance, assesses business processes, identifies control deficiencies and recommendations, and prepares work papers and documentation to support the annual assessment.
- Supports more senior colleagues with tracking the status of deficiencies; reviews remediation by process owners and reporting findings to SOX leadership and management.
- Helps to support with guidance on the integration of internal controls into finance processes and systems to other members of the organization. No direct reports.
- Contributes to the achievement of team goals and objectives.
QualificationsBachelor s Degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. 5-7 years of experience in information risk preferred. Experience in information systems and IT general controls auditing, IT audit and SOX testing is preferred. Public Accounting experience is highly preferred. #LI-JF1
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Finance helps our internal clients outperform over time. At BNY Mellon, Finance serves our internal clients by providing world-class accounting operations and control and decision support while instituting world-class change management. Global Procurement is responsible for establishing the programs to acquire products and services for BNY Mellon by employing deep category knowledge and commodity expertise, coupled with an understanding of the needs of our businesses and business partner groups. The Corporate Treasury group is responsible for managing the investment portfolios and the liquidity and capital positions of the various subsidiary banks and of BNY Mellon.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 85054
Requisition Number: 1803298